Ultimate Ascent - Srinagar - Leh - Srinagar v 7Night and 8 DaysWe are talking about a road trip from Srinagar to Leh to Manali across the elusive 5 passes which are open only from June-September, the lowest being Rohtang-La (3,878 m) and the highest Taglang-la (5,360 m). This is a dream trip for people craving for an "out of the box" experience.
A week long adventure trip, spent in the very arms of nature. Get ready to challenge your inhibitions and fears as you set out to explore nature at its best and mightiest. Take in the splendor of the beautiful Morey planes before you hit the Ladakh terrain.; witness the breathtaking beauty of Nubra, Pangong and Tso-Moriri as you drive and camp around them.
Face the icy and ruthless white waters of Zanskar and get yourself geared up to raft down from the Rooftop of the World through the Grand Canyon of Asia!
DAY 01: Arrive at Srinagar to head to Kargil
Arrive at Srinagar airport in the afternoon from where cab will pick you up and start your journey from Srinagar to Kargil. Enroute you will come across the beautiful green valleys of Kashmir which would transform into the dead cold desert of the Ladakh Region. Cross the Dzozilla Pass to the small village of Ghumri followed by the coldest inhibited place in India Drass. Reach Kargil by evening. Check-in at the hotel for overnight stay.
DAY 02: Kargil to Leh via Lamayuru
Check-out the hotel after breakfast and continue your journey to Leh. On the way, visit the Lamayuru Monastery, then head to Nemo where you will observe the confluence of the river Indus and Zanskar. Head onward towards Leh stop over at the Magnetic Hills, Pathar sahib Gurudwara and Hall of Fame. Reach Leh by late afternoon and acclimatize for rest of the day. Overnight in Leh.
After breakfast at the hotel, brace yourself for the splendid drive over the mighty Khardung La – the 2nd highest motor able pass in the world at a height of 5602 M/ 18,380 ft. Over the route, the road dramatically plunges, and Shyok and Nubra Rivers unfold magically. You move on via Diskit to reach the white sands of Hunder. After freshening up, visit the Diskit monastery, which is believed to be the largest and oldest monastery in Nubra valley, and enjoy the sunset. Check-in at the Swiss cottage luxury camps near the river. Overnight in Nubra.
Day 04: Nubra - Leh 215 kms / 8 hrs
Post breakfast, begin your journey for the day, exploring the various villages of Nubra Valley. Retrace your steps past Diskit, to go to Khalsar. Take a 25 kilometers drive towards Panamik and reach Sumur. Walk your way to the ancient Gompa. Don’t forget to pack a lunch. Spend some time and then drive back over Khardung La to reach Leh by early evening. A 38 kms drive from there takes you to the confluence point of two rivers - Indus and Zanskar. The sunset is the perfect backdrop you can wish for. Head back to the Leh by late evening. Overnight in Leh.
DAY 05: Leh – PangongTso(4260 M / 14000 ft) 150 km / 5 hr
After breakfast go on an incredible drive from Leh on the road to Manali past Shey&Thiksey – the mound of earthen monastic dwellings & building, crowned by the Gompa. At Karu we take a detour and start ascending to cross the Ladakh range over Chang-La (5,475 M / 17950 ft). At the foot of the pass on the other side we reach Tangse. The valley is blessed with beautiful stream flowing through it starting from the lake giving a greenish tincture to the otherwise dry landscape around. Wait for the Marmots calling you out. However, the main attraction of this circuit is the grand Pangong which you would reach by early afternoon. Overnight in Pangong.
Day 06: Pangong-Tso –Jispa
After breakfast drive back to Leh. On the way back, visit the Thikshey and Hemis Monasteries. Later you may also indulge in a little photo shoot if you get a chance to witness the blessed sunset at the Lake. Drive your way to Lamayuru. Overnight in Lamayuru.
Day 07: Lamayuru to Srinagar
Check-out the hotel in the morning and drive your way to Srinagar in your private vehicle. Reach Srinagar by evening. Spend your evening Shikara at the Dal Lake. Overnight stay at the houseboat.
Wake up lazy morning. After breakfast head to Mughal gardens for some local sightseeing. Now you'll be transferred to airport to board the flight back to home.
Cost per person: 25,500 INR only
*quote valid for 6 people traveling together
- Srinagar –Nageen Lake Houseboat(1 night)
- Lamayuru – Hotel Moonland Escape (1 night)
- Leh – Nature' Land(2 nights)
- Pangong – Nature's Nest (Luxury camps – 1night)
- Nubra – Nature's Nest (Luxury camps – 1 night)
- Kargil – Hotel Kargil Retreat (1night)
- Accommodation for 7nights, in properties & room categories specified in the itinerary given above.All rooms on double sharing basis depending on no. of people.
- All ex-Srinagar airport transportation, as per the itinerary (from dawn to dusk) in a dedicated & exclusive vehicle. Includes driver's expenses, parking & toll charges, and road taxes.
- Meals included: MAP (Breakfast and dinner only at all the locations)
- Permits for Pangong Tso and Nubra valley.
- Local insights by a local guide and 24 hour assistance in case of any emergency.
- All applicable taxes
- Entries to gompas& monuments-INR 20-100 / pax+Camera/Camcorder charges of about INR 50-150
- Any F & B other than those served with specified meals
- Personal expenses, tips, gratuities
- Expenses on account of factors beyond our controllike landslides, flight cancellation.
Payment terms & conditions:
- 50% payments at the time of booking & balance payments to be deposited 7 days prior to the departure date.
- Cancellation within 30 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages / Hotel Booking / Transportation: No retention charge.
- Cancellation within 15 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages / Hotel Booking / Transportation : 50 % retention
- Cancellation within 10 Days prior to the arrival date of the tour packages / Hotel Booking / Transportation or Non Utilization of the same : 100 % Retention